Thursday, November 29, 2007

My friends call me Colleen*

All of my life people have called me Jessica (duh, that's my name).

My mom and dad called me Jessiquita when I was little...
my mom calls me Jessi when she's rushed...
she calls me Tita when she's being sweet...
everyone else calls me Jessica...

except for my friends (those people I love so much)...

they call me Jess.

I'm not sure when it changed from Jessica to Jess, not sure when I started to notice, but I do know it feels so good to have them call me that. It's like they know me.

*This post title came from an episode of "Saved by the Bell" (when Miss. Bliss was still around). Zack faked an illness just to be able to meet and get serenaded by "Stevie" (a teenage rock star). Little did he know she was Miss. Bliss' niece, Colleen (whom he had kissed earlier that week). While on stage "Stevie" told him, "My friends call me Colleen". Nobody believed him when he said he had kissed "Stevie". I love that episode.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I remember that one...got to love saved by the bell

Anonymous said...

saved by the bell was way before my time...