Tuesday, November 28, 2006

When this blog is read...

..."someone" will somehow be redeemed.

Why is it that God forgave us and keeps forgiving us everyday, yet it is so hard for us to forgive those we love the most?

I think it is because it hurts.
When I get my feelings hurt I don't want to get hurt again and somehow I think that if I don't forgive then I'm not giving that person a licence to hurt me again. It sounds so foolish but that's how I feel.
If I don't say "it's okay" then it will be less likely that I will put my guard down and let that person hurt me one more time.
But if I say "okay I forgive you" then my heart grows soft and willing then unexpectedly...hurt.

I guess I have an issue with hurt.
Or maybe with people whom I really care about hurting me.
Or maybe with people whom I really care about hurting me and then not even recognizing that they hurt me.
Or maybe I need to look at Jesus.

If "you" read this...it's a start.

No comments: