Friday, November 7, 2008

Politically Incorrect

I've never been too involved of even interested in politics...I even had trouble voting this week.

I've been a proud American since the day I was born and love my country. I am so grateful that I live here and have the opportunities that so many people around the world lack...I feel blessed to be an American...at least until this week.

I don't want to go on a rant...but I'm really sad and dissappointed.

I'm not dissappointed because we have a Democrat for a President-elect...I actually felt excited to witness history: the very first black man voted as President!

I'm confused by all of the negative comments I've heard...from Christians.

No matter who our President is or isn't, God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is in control and can do amazing things in our lives, regardless of who our country's leader is.

Speaking negatively isn't going to make things better and forcing others to think what we think is not going to help them see Jesus any better either.

I'm trusting God more than ever today and my prayer is that we, as the church, can demonstrate the love that God has demonstrated us to the rest of the world.

1 comment:

neely said...

i like you and i am glad we are friends!