Monday, April 20, 2009

Apparently, Physics is Romantic

I really hate science, I don't get it and it takes me forever to understand elements, forces, pulls...boo!

The other day while listening to my iPod I realized that two of my favorite artists have made a physical force a part of their lyrics...and surprisingly enough, I love it!

John Mayer-Gravity
Gravity is working against me
And gravity wants to bring me down

Oh I'll never know what makes this man
With all the love that his heart can stand
Dream of ways to throw it all away

Oh Gravity is working against me
And gravity wants to bring me down

Oh twice as much ain't twice as good
And can't sustain like a one half could
It's wanting more
That's gonna send me to my knees


Sara Bareilles-Gravity
Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your reign.

Set me free, leave me be.
I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Funny title...super funny.