Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good Ideas are Meant to Be Stolen

My friend Allison posted (a while back) about things that make you look like an idiot at a concert. While at the Hillsong United concert last night, I formed my own list:

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT AT A CHRISTIAN CONCERT

Disclaimer: What I am about to type is in no way judging the other Christians who were at the concert I attended last night, these are just simple observations that drove me a little nuts. So, please don't be offended if you fit into any of these categories.

1. Yelling "We love Jesus yes we do, we love Jesus, how about you?" across the theater over and over again. Then pointing and laughing when your side "wins" the yelling match.

2. Shouting "Jesus" when everything else is quiet and the band is trying to have a "moment" of reflection. Way to draw attention to yourself instead of Jesus!

3. Clapping and cheering when the guy in #2 shouts. Really?

4. Clapping and cheering to the beat of a song that turned out to be downtempo and not uptempo, then realizing "oops, maybe I should have waited to hear where the intro was actually going".

5. Yelling and screaming every time a song had some sort of pause...even if it was a downtempo song, again...really?

Please don't be an idiot at a Christian concert.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I was there, too! Katie E and I were making a very similar list!!

Way to dig back and find this old post, too...serious dedication!

Pastor Chris said...

Number one for sure drives me nuts..happens every year at Dare 2 Share. It's like we know you love Jesus, you are hear learning how to share your faith!!!