Saturday, January 5, 2013

Heaven is a Place on Earth


And this heaven comes in the form of Burke Williams Spa.

As a "congratulations-you-made-it-through-fall-launch"gift, my boss gave me a very generous gift card back in October so I could celebrate my hard work with a massage! I know, crazy! I waited a few months in anticipation of the perfect trip to the spa that would make my gift card go a long, long way. And waiting paid off.

Two nights ago, my three friends (some of my favorite people: Rachel, Kayla and Katie) and I experienced the most delightful evening together. Here were my favorite parts of the night:

- An early dinner at Nordstrom Cafe.
- Extended amounts of time in the Burke 'Quiet Room' where no one is allowed to speak, you get your own recliner, cashmere blanket and dimmer to control how much light you want for reading. Sheer bliss.
- An hour long, full-body massage.
- A 'way too long for an average day' shower with just the perfect amount of water pressure.
- Using every lotion, cleanser, toner, hair product, etc in the vanity area.
- Getting to wear my brand new flannel PJs home from the spa (the BEST tip from Katie for night trips to Burke).
- A Mc Donald's stop on our way home (small fries and a vanilla cone, the perfect combination).

I mean, really...how much better can it get that that?!

No comments: