Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I love bridges. I hate bridges.

I've posted (on this blog) about how bridges scare me.

I always figure some massive earthquake will hit while I'm crossing one, or that a suicidal person will take a leap just as I'm looking over the edge and leave me traumatized for life.

But last week, while listening to Howard's iPod, I realized how much I love bridges.

Most of my favorite lyrics have been part of musical bridges.

I love that realizations are made in the bridge of a song, words of inspiration are sung, the climax of it all...

I wonder what would happen if I listened to a bridge while on a bridge?

Would I suddenly love both bridges or be altogether scared?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate bridges too, at least the ones over water. I have a bridge disaster plan. If my car goes off the bridge, I have pre-planned that I jump out right before it hits the water. The more I plan it and think about it the better chance I have of doing it out of sheer instinct :)

Allison said...

This is funny...
You are funny...

Damaris said...

i love bridges... and have realized amazing things on bridges too...!!

Maybe we should go instead to San Fransico and walk across teh golden gate bridge while listening to songs with great bridges... maybe in the fall...

by fall i mean the season, not the action of it while on a bridge ;)