Thursday, July 10, 2008

Remember when you had to develop film in order to see the pictures?

I do.

About a month ago, while cleaning my room, I found 4 rolls of undeveloped film. Immediately it hit me, they were from my trip to Spain in 2004...yes, I procrastinate.

I didn't there there was much hope...I always thought film "went bad" after a couple of years. So I procrastinated some more and waited until this weekend to see if they were still good enough to develop the pictures.

So, I went to the little photo shop down the street from my old house (just 3 minutes from my new house). The same shop my family and I always developed film at...since I was 9. I hadn't been there since digital cameras came into existence.

Once I walked in I was transformed into a 10 year old. The signs, the smells, the people...all the same. I looked up and a banner read "We've been here since 1990". I sometimes think 1990 is recent...then I remember it's 2008...

I picked my pictures up on Tuesday....

Pictures of my friends and I gallivanting through Spain, my nieces and nephews as toddlers, my small group students who are now adults as unfashionable, awkward freshmen...

I'll post some pictures up once I get a chance to scan them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny.
I used to have a Disc film camera, that was the coolest thing. Then there was the 110 camera's, which is usually the format all the kids cameras were in. Then I remember right before digital camera's came out it was the Advantix camera's which were so expensive but was the new cool thing.

Thanks for sparking some good memories! :)