Monday, March 16, 2009

I Love You, America!

I was required to go visit Voorhis Elementary last Friday morning.

When I got there, a few girls from Mrs. Morales' class kept me company while we waited for the bell to ring. As far as I knew we would enter class immediately following the bell...I was so excited when I found out there would be a patriotic program as their Friday morning assembly!

After reciting the Pledge of Allegiance (which I absolutely LOVE) we sang:

The Star Spangled Banner
and
This Land is Your Land

I love singing songs about our nation! I sang so loud that one of the little girls asked me how I knew these songs (I guess I look too old to have been around when school was invented).

Although we didn't sing:
America the Beautiful
God Bless America
The United States
Take Your Hat Off When the Flag Goes By!
My Country 'Tis of Thee
You're a Grand Ole Flag

I'd like to note that I love all these songs and would sing them anywhere, anytime...seriously.

No comments: