Monday, August 6, 2007

Words to live by

Today, Cookie, Edgar and I were in the office doing some Children's Ministry long term brainstorming for a meeting we have on Wednesday, when two words/phrases came out of Cookie's mouth that I hadn't heard in SUCH A LONG TIME:

kick it
&
jack

When I was in high school, those were words you heard or said almost every day. Now, I alomst NEVER hear them.

Let me use them in sentences (just in case you're unfamiliar with these words):

Hey, don't you kick it over there under those trees? (definition: to hang out)

She's gonna' jack your hot cheetos! (definition: to steal)

Until I heard the words being spoken I didn't realize how much I missed hearing/using them.
I think that those words are the "groovy" and "far out" of my generation.

"Hey, go where you kick it at or they just might jack your spot !" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We still say it all the time....you're the one that left it all behind....gotta remember ur roots!