Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On My Mind

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO
I couldn't get these lyrics out of my head:

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause

YESTERDAY
I read this on Neely's blog...

and read this on another blog.

LAST NIGHT
As I prayed for three of my friends, who are currently serving people in different countries, my heart ached and was deeply burdened. I cried...for them and for those whom they've been sharing their lives with.

THIS MORNING
I read:

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor,
he too will cry out and not be answered."
Proverbs 21:13

and listened to:

It is not a human right
To stare not fight
While broken nations dream
Open up our eyes, so blind
That we might find
The Mercy for the need


I've always felt I was aware of the needs around me, the needs around the world. But now I feel as though its not been enough.

I know God is wanting to show me something I thought I already saw.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Just wait...there's more coming, for sure...

Let me know if you feel like God's calling you to move to Kenya in six weeks.

Anonymous said...

MY HEART HURTS FOR THOSE I'VE ENCOUNTERED, AND I''M SO GLAD I HAVE YOU!!! THIS POST BRINGS ME JOY!!!!

Damaris said...

How about i am feeling the same way... and i suppose one of those prayers was for me. ireally appreciate it. Send out those prayers to the families i am with. cant wait to blog about them and the life i am currently living alongside them.

I love u so much... continue asking God what this all means and how this could be applied to u in your own life.

ps. i liked that quote u linked that someone else quoted on some other blog... ;)