Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dating Tips

I had lunch with a dear friend on Monday. Great food, great location, great conversation.
As lunch progressed my friend recalled a super awkward moment she had with a guy from her grad school program. She attempted to flirt in hopes that he would see that she was interested in him...he never reciprocated. Fail. So she asked me for advice.

Here is some of the wisdom I shared from the peak of my dating days...

#1 When a guy ignores you, ignore him back.

#2 Always make yourself known.

For example, when I had a crush on the guy who eventually became my college boyfriend I always made a point of noting which door he would exit when leaving the worship center at church. I would pretend to casually walk by him as if coincidentally walking in the same direction. Just a little reminder that I was around.

#3 When you are in the same room as your crush, talk to people around you and when you notice your crush looking in your direction laugh and act as though you are having the time of your life. Guys like fun people.

#4 Make up random, yet believable reasons to be around/talk to your crush. "Forget" your book in his car, carpool to events, find a common interest and run with it (this one can take you a LONG way in sharing time with your crush).

#5 When he invites you places with others (not dates), don't always say yes. Decline politely, knowing it will make him miss you. This one has worked very effectively for me.

Disclaimer: These tips were used from 2003-2007 and may no longer be deemed useful.

No comments: