Friday, April 15, 2011

DF

A few weeks ago my good friend, Stacey, and I were in Chicago at a great youth ministry conference having the time of our lives. As I spent time with her I got to thinking of how thankful I am for her. God has used her in really incredible ways in my life. I love Jesus more because I am Stacey's friend. She's amazing.

And so, in Stacey's honor, we coined a new, hip term: DF. It stands for Dear Friend.

I never used the word dear before meeting Stacey, but being around her more and more (and hearing her use this word to describe the people and things that are closest to her heart) made it stick. Now, I too share in these dear feelings!

If you hear me describe you as dear or refer to you as my DF, consider yourself loved. Because YOU ARE my dear friend!

*Below is a photograph where I was assumed to have been thinking that whatever was being talked about was "so dear!".


2 comments:

Unknown said...

she's back! Yes! JG

Allison said...

Griff read my mind! That's what I was going to say!

I love this post...and I love your face in this picture!