Thursday, December 21, 2006

All that's left to do...

is wait.

I just got out of a meeting with my boss.
We just went over some pretty major stuff.

Honestly...I thought the tough part was getting all the material gathered, preparing for the meeting, speaking from my heart...all of the time that led up to this.

I was wrong...the tough time is now...I have to wait and see what happens...it's hard to think about how I will respond to the outcome.

What if the outcome isn't what I expect it to be? How will I respond?

I want to be the kind of person who is led by her spirit, not her flesh.
I want to be a woman who fights for justice through peace.
I want to be that tree planted so deeply that not even a storm can move me.
I want to be secure in the fact that God, my Father, is in control of everything.
I want to be fearless, knowing that I am not doing it all, He is.
I want to wait endlessly for only Him.
I want to be at peace with what He decides.
I want to obey so that no matter what happens...I surrender my will to Him.

So I wait not on man...but on my Father.
And He is One that I am willing to wait for.

No comments: