Friday, December 1, 2006

It's In The Air #2



Today, Bibi, Edgar and I went out to Alin's Party Depot to do a little last minute Christmas shopping for tomorrow's staff meeting. Once we walked in I could feel that "ooohhhh it's Christmas" feeling all over me. It felt like when I was a kid and was so excited that soon there would be food, family and, best of all, presents to look forward to in less than a month. I began to sing Chrismas carols and jingle around with some odd little "reindeer sounding" bells that I found at a display.

As I enjoyed bothering Edgar with the bells this thought came to mind: Why is it that the "good old feeling" is old? Why did it bother Edgar that I was spreading holiday cheer? Is it wrong...or mind you weird to LOVE Christmas? Like when you were a kid?

When I was alittle girl I loved it...the weather, feeling, shopping, anticipation...now it feels like the people around me (twenty-somethings) see Christmas as a second rate holiday...it's like you're not cool anymore if you get excited about it.

When did it become wrong to love Christmas?

Think about it.

No comments: