Thursday, December 28, 2006

I Hung Out With the Pillsbury Dough Boy!


Okay...not literally.

This may come as a surprise to many people (seeing that I am an incredibly hospitable and homemaker-ish type of girl):

I have never baked a thing in my life!
Well, not before yesterday I hadn't.

Growing up I never had an oven to bake in, so my mom never taught me to bake...cook, yes but bake, NEVER. I always felt like I was missing out on stuff because I never baked cakes or cookies or anything of that kind.

Yesterday was the turning point.

I have extra time on my hands this week (end of the year, finishing up series this week, etc.). Yesterday was my day off (school's not in session right now) so after all of my small group girls got sent off to their homes I found myself wanting to do something for just me!

I had purchased some cake mixes and icing a couple of week's ago so I decided to bake a cake!

I did it!

All by myself...and although I really didn't "make" it...I felt accomplished and welcomed into an amazing all-American tradition!

Go ME!

No comments: