Thursday, January 18, 2007

Jeremiah said this...

"O Lord, You have persuaded and deceived me, and I was persuaded and deceived; You are stronger than I am and You have prevailed." Jeremiah 20:7

I love the idea of being persuaded and deceived by God. It's a good deception. He deceives you into believing that you can do things you never imagined. He knows that it's not me who does those amazing things, but Him. He lies and persuades us into doing things for Him that, had we known what we were getting into, we would've never said yes to.

I love that he is "stronger than I am" and that He has "prevailed" over me. He won over when I wanted to give up, when I thought I couldn't do it anymore, when it got to be "too much" (or so I thought).

Today, I am really filled with a sense of awe. How can God be so loving and powerful that He has and continues to prevail over such a weak and inconsistent woman like me? I am privileged to be called "His".

My prayer is that He would always win and that He would deceive and lure me into being who He knows I can be for Him.

No comments: