Friday, January 5, 2007

Old People Just Don't Understand

As much as I've tried to explain blogging to my "non-blogging" friends they just don't understand.

One person in particular: Edgar Sanchez (note: pictured on the left)

In my heart there is a certain amount of respect that is due to blogs and people who blog. Blogging is an art that should be honored.

I've tried to say: It's a place to express your thoughts, a type of journal, a way of sharing things with your friends...nothing.
I feel like Will Smith when he rapped, "Parents just don't understand...". My old friends just don't understand what blogging is or why I care so much about it.

Not only does he not get it...he makes fun of it.
What seems strange is that these insults are coming from a man who is kind of chubby, has nappy hair 95% of the time, wabbles when he runs and pats his large belly frequently while lifting up his t-shirt.

Maybe he won't ever get it...then again...he is old.

No comments: