Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Easter: the most busiest time of the year

I have often heard that Christmas in the most wonderful time of the year. I agree...it is!

This year I found out that when you're in Children's Ministry, Easter is the most busiest time of the year.

Let's compare:

1. Easter while ONLY in youth ministry:
-All student ministries weekend services are called off for the weekend which means little to no planning throughout the week.
-Students are on break from school so you get to casually hang out...and it counts as work.
-You get to enjoy the "big church" services (only need go to one).
-there isn't a care in mind as you hang out with family and friends.

2. Easter while in BOTH youth and children's ministry:
-Plan (months in advance) for 4 weekend services to do for kids on Easter weekend.
-Not only do you need a program with kids, you also need snacks, games, gifts, prizes, etc.
-Prep with a team that doesn't want to be there, they'd much rather be inside the "big church" enjoying the service.
-Get to the church at 7:20am and leave at 3:30pm on Easter Sunday.
-Bake 158 cupcakes the night before Easter.

I don't want to complain but is was rough.

I am so thankful for all of the hardwork that all my youth ministry friends invested in this day although it wasn't even part of their responsibility. They are amazing!

Maybe that's why I've been on such an emotional rollercoaster ever since Easter-it's probably been sheer exhaustion.

*I'd post pictures, but for some strange reason, I can't load them right now...it won't let me.

1 comment:

Bibi said...

You made it though and what you did was amazing!