Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Old Friends=New Joy

You know how there are times when you won't see or hang out with someone for a long time?
Then when you finally see them you ask yourself, "Why hadn't we hung out in so long? I like this person, they're fun to be with. I should make time in my schedule to be with them more often."

Exactly that (times two) happened to me a couple of weeks ago (I was meaning to blog about it but didn't have time because of my Easter fiasco).

I met up with two of my Biola friends: Rosalba and Jason.

Rosalba is amazing. She was a friend, counselor, mentor, accountability partner and my boss while at Biola. We clicked once we met. And have been great friends ever since. She really is one of the most influential people in my life.

Jason and I weren't close while at Biola but after he got back from Iraq God did something special in our friendship and we have remained good friends since he graduated.

We hadn't seen each other for a couple of months so we met up for dinner at the Fitness Grill in Brea.
It was so much fun! I love being with them because we have GREAT conversation (lasted until 1AM). I really missed them and I hope to reconnect with them soon.

They are old friends, but still they brought tons of new joy to my heart.

2 comments:

Bibi said...

You should start plannig your next hang-out day so it's not months before you see them again.

Jessica Torres said...

i should!