Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Impulse Purchase

I went out yesterday (my day off) to run some errands that I'd been putting off for a while.

*Wash car
*Cash check
*Buy money order for newly sponsored boy from Rwanda
*Send out some letters
*Pick up book from Chris
*Throw some loads in the wash
*Threading
*Buy sneakers
*Buy some of my favorite body lotion at Bath and Body Works

All went as planned except for the last item on my list.

As I walked into Bath and Body Works a spirit of joy came over me--just knowing I'd get to use my favorite lotion IN THE WORLD, Magnolia Blossom, once again made me so happy!

I finished my last bottle almost a month ago and have been using some Avon body cream my mom had in her room.

As I scanned the walls looking for the Magnolia Blossom display of body cream, hand lotion, body wash, body gel, perfume, body spray...I never found it.

I panicked and saw a girl stocking shelves, hoping she could offer some hope, I asked, "Excuse me, where is your Magnolia Blossom display?", her answer, "Oh, its' been discontinued".

Ah, it was painful! I love that lotion and it has the perfect scent...I've never found any thing like it.

I asked what other scent is most like it and she said either the Cherry or White Cherry Blossom. I walked over to the display she signaled to and smelled...not even close.

I was ready to walk out with my chin against my chest when I looked below and saw a small fortune of Magnolia Blossom body creams hidden on the bottom shelf.

I don't know if it was the resonating sound of the woman's voice saying "discontinued" or the pure joy of finding them, but I quickly snatched 8 bottles (which was no easy task) and walked them over to the counter.

Even though they cost me $68, I really don't regret it :)

Trust me...you'll thank me when you smell me--it's THAT good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it....

Jessica Torres said...

Aw...I love you for hating it!

Bibi said...

You even if an item is discontinued at Bath and Body Works you can order it at the front desk but it takes a couple of weeks... I thought you might want to know.

Anonymous said...

P.S...

It hasn't been discontinued. Over the summer is was on promo, and all the stores sold out... :o)