Tuesday, March 4, 2008

All Quiet on the Western Front

If you know me, you know I talk a lot.

I've always been that way...can't seem to shut up.

The only time I'm quiet is when Im forced to (meetings, school, church)
or
when I'm intimidated/nervous in a new setting with new people.

I've been made fun of for talking so much and people make snyde remarks about it...all my life.

I haven't been talking much lately (the past 4 or 5 days).

It hasn't been intentional or anything. Not a "talking fast", reflection time before the Lord...

I just haven't found the need to talk. I feel like everytime I open my mouth, I want to make my words count, not just have "stuff" fly out.

An observation I've made since my speech lessened:

If I don't talk, people don't talk to me.
There are many awkward silent moments.
I can totally tell they can't stand it.

I'm not sure if they're so used to me talking that they are waiting for me to carry the conversation or that they really don't have anything to talk about.

Strange, but true.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, i've noticed that but I still IMed u...but even I was the one to start talking...u still didn't talk much...maybe it was like u say...u didn't feel the need to talk to me...

Anonymous said...

Did Howie...maybe we're just used t you doing the taling, and so when you don't talk we assume ur A) mad at us or B) don't feel like carrying a conversation, and so we give u space!

Pero...hope ur enjoying ur quiet days :)

Anonymous said...

lol..i mean "diddo"

Allison said...

I love not talking!

Anonymous said...

It's ok - sometimes we need to step back and see - i've tried doing that sometimes too - and it is a little weird. Regardless for the reasons you have chosen not to talk as much these past couple days, i pray and hope you find a comfortable space with whatever you're choosing to do. Reflections are never a bad thing - as a matter of fact, they are necessary. Not very many people notice what comes out of their mouth now a days - im proud that you have taken a day or two to observe that.

maybe i should do that?!!

regardless of what you do or don't do, um, i love you a ton. Talk a lot or muda... because you are still you, and you are not defined by what you say as much as you are by your character and the principles you choose to live your life by.

you go girl.
;0)

dp.

Bibi said...

I feel like I missed your none talking days!!

But I'm fine with that, I rather you talk cuz I don't...