Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Teen Town

I've been meaning to post about this for SO long.

The other day, while driving past South Gate Park, I read the marquee in front of the big fountain.

It read: VALENTINE'S TEEN TOWN 2-15-08.

The memories came flooding into my head.

I thought, "They still have Teen Town?, Students still like that stuff?, I went to Teen Town!"

When I was in Junior High we had Teen Town at the Parks and Recreation Center every last Friday night of the month.

It was pretty much a dance with a DJ, punch bowl, snacks, cliques, couples, drama.

EVERYTHING happened at Teen Town, if you didn't go, you totally knew you missed out when you got to school on Monday morning.

Crazy memories!

I still remember how popular corduroy pants were when I went to Teen Town.
I once went wearing sky blue corduroys...please, no judgement!
Remember, I was 13 in 1996.

3 comments:

neely said...

corduroy isn't cool? oh shoot!

Allison said...

I HAD SKY BLUE CORDS!
I stole them from my friend Robby, and wore them ALL THE TIME!

Bibi said...

I think I had black corduroys, ah, fun memories!