Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I'm really big on holidays.

I bought four leaf clover designed cookie dough about 3 weeks ago...in preparation for today.

The plan was to have my nieces and nephews help me bake the cookies and give them to their dad (my brother-in-law is Irish).

The baby got a bad cold, so they aren't coming over...

still I was excited about St. Patrick's Day.

I got up late today and rushed into the office...

German got here about 30 minutes ago and asked me when St. Patrick's Day was...
I answered, "today"...
He asked if that's why I wore my green sweater...

I totally forgot to wear green, but still wore it (does that make sense?)...
I totally forgot to pinch those without green on...
I totally forgot to celebrate St. Patrick's Day...

all that excitement...

and I forgot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't wear green. I didn't forget, but I didn't want to wear the green shirts that I had available to me. I didn't get pinched either.

Bibi said...

My work uniform is all blue so there was really no room for anything green and I was hoping that my 2nd and 3rd graders would understand but they didn't. I got pinched like crazy by 23 tiny fingers!!! It was painful...

Anonymous said...

what has happened to our celebration of st. patricks day!! This is horrible!! THis cannot happen next year. Next year, we will make it come alive... again ;)

dp