Thursday, March 6, 2008

Superficial poll: My Answer

This is my response to yesterday's poll.

I'm divided...

I would (date someone whom I considered to be more attractive than me) because, hey...who wouldn't want to date an attractive person? I mean, you get to be with all the time, hug them, get kisses, just looking at them would be fun!

Then the 7th grade, insecure little girl inside me says "no, I wouldn't".
I'd hate to feel like people looked at us and thought, "what's he doing with her?", "she must have a really great personality", "oh, yikes!".

When I went to Spain this amazingly attractive man flirted with me while we were in downtown Madrid. I usually never say this, but in this case I must...this guy was model material, total hottie!

I was completely taken back, really couldn't believe he had just approached me.

The girls I was with confirmed the hot factor.

Still, even if I lived in the city, could have seen him again, if he was a great guy, I don't think I'd feel comfortable being with such a great looking guy...

there you go, I'm still a Junior High girl at heart.

2 comments:

Bibi said...

But why do you care about other people thoughts? You don't seem to care about anything else..

Nick said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? So you may think this person is "more attractive" than you, yet in the eyes of others, this guy (in your case) may be average or less attractive than yourself, so then the question could become, "What is she doing with him, he must have a great personality!"

As Donald Miller says in Blue Like Jazz, Beauty cannot be proven...by science or other means...So, what you find to be attractive may not be to others, and what others find to be attractive may not be to you!