Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Birthday Dinner

My family took me out to dinner on my birthday. We ALL went (Mom, Dad, Marlen, Don, Lillian, Alora, Jeremy and baby Don). We went to Peking Wok in Cerritos.

As usual, we had such a fun time!

As my parents and I walked into the restaurant and approached the table where Marlen, Don and the kids were seated I heard little voices screaming "Happy Birthday Jessica!". Hugs and kisses followed immediately.

Once I sat down I told my sister and Don, "I am so glad you had kids". They brighten everything up!

We ordered a little bit of everything and opened amazing presents while waiting for our food to arrive (my family knows me so well...the presents they got me proved it).

At the end of dinner it was cake time. The waitress told us that the restaurant provided a banana cake-type dessert for birthday party-type dinners. We said we'd take it in addition to the cake that my family had brought.

Note: at the beginning of dinner we noticed we were seated right below a disco ball...why a Chinese food restaurant would have a disco ball is a mystery to me. My question would be answered shortly thereafter.

As the waitress and two other waiters came out the lights came on...they turned on the lighting and spinning disco ball! Everyone sang Happy Birthday and we cut the cake. I couldn't get over the fact that there was a disco ball at my birthday dinner! By the way, the banana dessert was AMAZING!

After that, the kids and I did a little disco dancing under the cool lighting and opened up fortune cookies.

I've got pictures too...they will be posted soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun!! :)

Glad you enjoyed it!!

dp

Bibi said...

That sounds really cool!!