Monday, September 24, 2007

Traditions

My best friends and I have a tradition: we do something new and totally different (go to a new place, a different restaurant, somewhere most of us have never been before or something most of us have never done before) for each one of our birthdays.

I love this tradition because it's sacred.

We all plan ahead and make sure we are all there. We make it a HUGE priority to be together. We stopped giving each other gifts and now give each other each other's presence...it really is great!

Since Tuesday is my birthday we celebrated my 24th yesterday.

We went kayaking and then to dinner at Panda Inn...which I absolutely LOVE!

It was tons of fun...a little gross (the water), but so cool.

And we only had one man go overboard: Howard. Hearing Edgar scream, "Man overboard, man overboard" off in the distance will always be one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Here are some pictures:




After dinner we all headed back home.

Damaris' tire popped...

a fun and exciting birthday celebration!

6 comments:

Bibi said...

That was a lot of fun!!!

German E. Contreras said...

And I just joined this tradition of taking people out on their Birthday thanks for making me part of you guys' life!

Anonymous said...

lol... 'man overboard, man overboard!' those words will echo even in my sleep... as i dream of panda inn... and what kind of animal/fruit/country we each are most like... (not that we camme to any agreements).

haha.

Happy Birthday!

dp

Kim said...

how fun, I like your tradition :)
and Happy Birthday a little late :)

Anonymous said...

that water sure was nasty...and no, i don't smell like it....

Anonymous said...

I'M SOOOOOOO THANKFUL FOR MY CREW!!!! THANKS 4 BEING MY FRIENDS!!!! I LOVE U GUYS!!!!

JAN