Friday, September 21, 2007

The Gathering

I got back yesterday afternoon from The Gathering, held at Saddleback Church.

It was a great couple of days spent with amazing men and women who lead youth all over the United States, while living out God's purposes in their ministries.

Truth be told, besides the pastors wives, there were only two women youth workers (including me) who were there, in comparison to about 30-35 men. It was fun though...the guys were really encouraging and SO fun to be around.

My roommate was Deborah, from Virginia, and she was/is INCREDIBLE. I learned so much from her and was really excited to learn from her and listen to her heart.

Here are some highlights:
-getting to see Chris :)
-eating at Wahoo's for the first time!
-rooming with Deb.
-laughing so hard at Josh forgetting his band-aids.
-shopping at H & M.
-laughing with Neely about her "drinking and smoking cigars".
-talking with and being encouraged by so many amazing youth workers.
-"hearing" God say Thank You.
-making new friends.

It was a great week!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I enjoyed hanging with you in the hot tub... keep me posted on how you are doing and where God takes you.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! VERY GLAD 2 HEAR!!!!! I'M JEALOUS...I WANT TO BE "GATHERED" WITH YOU!!