Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Many thoughts...all at once

I just came back into the office after a few days off.

I've done, seemingly, random things like: go to several BBQ's, shopped for a swimming pool, hung out with my family, hung out with a cool/old friend, had lunch with an amazing friend, broken off a friendship, initiated someone into the Disney family, re-considered an immediate move to Florida.

So much has occured that...I feel like the past four days could have happened over the course of a month or even months.

So much movement has caused my mind to go into overdrive (I don't think I've ever used that word before...I like it almost as much as livid).

Here are some of the topics that have crossed my mind:
-where have my marital standards gone?
-what have I trully accomplished in the past four years?
-am I better or different because of the things I've experienced as a minister?
-am I the one that holds myself back from what I want to achieve?
-is it wrong to dream as you get older?
-I don't want to be a child anymore.
-I'm not who I thought I would be at 23.
-I'm about to be 24...that thought brings me frustration, not joy.
-am I cut out for full-time ministry?
-do I have high expectations or low ones?
-I'm not ready for Jesus to come for me.

What's on your mind?

No comments: