Monday, December 3, 2007

Sweet Scent

I came home last night (quite tired) after the Pastor's birthday dinner.

I was supposed to just go, sit, clap, smile and eat dinner but ended up signing myself up to help the serving staff, I figured it would be better to make myself useful instead of just sitting there.

It was fun and we laughed tons...I got to work with lots of the adults on our leadership team whom I usually only get to see at meetings and around the church so it was nice to hang out with them and work alongside them too!

When I got home and was changing into my pajamas I smelled this sweet scent. I smelled my clothes, pinned my nose to my chest, smelled my hands but couldn't think of where the smell came from. My perfume bottle has been waiting for me to have it re-filled at Macy's so I haven't been wearing my "Angel" scent for weeks. It couldn't be me...I have no perfume, and my Magnolia Blossom lotion doesn't smell that sweet.

I thought maybe someone's perfume rubbed off on me (from all the hugs and embraces I received while greeting people) but the scent was too strong to be a rub-off-scent.

I gave up and got into bed...still smelling the scent, kind of loving it. So sweet, so soft...if I was dating myself, I'd want to eat me up!

Then I remembered...the cake. We served birthday cake at the end of dinner. I got frosting all over my fingers...it was the smell of the cake.

Who knew? New winter scent sensation...cake.

1 comment:

Bibi said...

You should have washed your hands with hot water and soap...