Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Weddings...Whew!

I spent last night at Damaris' house.

We spent the better part of the night (and into the early hours of today) helping Mercy with her guest list for her wedding. Truth be told, after 1:30am I dozed off a couple of times.

The last I remember her count was at 480-something. And that didn't even include her fiance's people (which apparently aren't many...this is good).

She went over family, friends, work friends, family friends, church members, church friends. She considered who could make it, who would make it, who'd be offended, who'd be hurt, who'd bring kids, who wouldn't be allowed to bring kids, her wedding party.

At the end of it all I concluded:

Making my guest list will probably be one of my least favorite parts of planning my wedding.
There are so many factors that play into it all.

I know I'm eventually going to have to do it...I'm just bracing myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAS I INVITED???? I'M HURT IF I'M NOT!!!!

Bibi said...

WOW 480 people is A LOT of people!!! How does someone REALLY know 480 people?!?!