Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Asian Jason

I'm taking a Biblical and Practical Theology of Evangelism class at Biola this semester.

Our professor places the chairs in a circle for every class meeting; which means we stare at each other for the entire class time (3 hours every Tuesday).

The guy that faces me is a twenty-something year old Asian guy...I still haven't gotten around to remembering his name. It took a couple of class sessions for me to realize that he is a carbon copy of my friend Jason. The only difference is...he's Asian and Jason is Hispanic.

He laughs like Jason, dresses like Jason, smiles like Jason, is short like Jason, has the same voice as Jason, sits like Jason, stands like Jason, walks like Jason, makes the same hand gestures as Jason...seriously...just like Jason...but Asian...it's kind of scary.

I felt like a weirdo because I found myself staring at him today...trying to see how many things he did reminded me of Jason...and evidently everything was Jason-like.

I only wish I could get them both in the same room together...that would be ridiculous.

No comments: