Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm a Believer?

I just spent an hour in the car with a friend of mine sharing about her past relationship. This isn't the first time we talk about it...it usually creeps its way in every time we talk. I don't mind...but tonight, I made some observations...

After the heartbreak that the relationship brought her almost 2 years ago...
-she tries to find the answers to the whys that are left
-she sees dreams as God giving her signs/answers
-she reads books about moving forward
-she has hope that reconciliation will occur
-she prays about it constantly
-she makes connections and traces pertinent events to the relationship
-she seeks to have God show her why this has happened to her/them

When I got my heart broken years ago I could only see how hurt I was. I didn't look for reasons, answers, God's bigger picture. I just wanted to move on and forget...I didn't look for connections, I didn't sort through my feelings, or try to process it over the course of years. I didn't pray about it much after the break-up happened...I just wanted to get over it...

Did I react in a wrong way? Should I have talked to God more about it? Was I totally ditching out on God's message through it?

Not that I'll look back and try to squeeze a message out of it now...just asking, was I totally disconnected from God during that time, in that area of my life or are some of us girls, trying to see something, when nothing is there?

No comments: