Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's a Small World Afterall

While checking emails, posting and making changes to my blog tonight, I saw a comment a stranger left me on a post I had written last month. When I first read the comment, I paid no attention to the person who had written it, but tonight I felt the need to follow the link to their blog.

Her name is Diandra and lives 15 minutes away from me (in Cerritos). She's 23 and is on staff at a church as their youth pastor.

When I read this I thought, "Cool, I could totally read her blog and relate, since we live in the same area and are the lead youth worker at our churches."

Then it got interesting...

Her co-youth pastor is a guy I knew at Biola. I haven't seen or spoken to him in years.

The church that her church recently merged with is the church that one of my best friends used to belong to.

My friend Nick seems to know her...I figure she linked to my blog from his.

These connections might seem like nothing to some people, but boy did they occupy a good hour of my night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She commented on a post of mine about a month ago and so I linked to her site. Cool that you know her co-youth pastor!

Diandra said...

haha that's funny! I was catching up on your blog and I read my name! :) I occasionally come accross other blogs of people in ministry and when I have some spare time, I like to go through and read them... That's cool that you knew Javier... he's awesome :)