Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'll Be There For You

I work in youth ministry...in a church...in a community.

I share about community, love and belonging to the body of Christ.

And yet, I have never fully understood how important it is to have a community of believers with you, in the good and the bad, with all of your mistakes out there in the open, totally weak and fragile, no judgement, just love and grace...until today.

God has been processing me through some things lately...some things that have been the hardest I've had to face (up until this point) in my life. He's showing me a lot about who He wants me to be and how I need to do all that is in my power and rely on His power for those changes to become a reality in my life.

Tonight, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I was open and fragile before an incredible friend. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do...ask for help, because I really can't do any of this on my own.

It was strange to feel selfish when I made the call. I felt as though I was being self-centered by calling to talk about me and what I was going through...strange, huh?

I know I'm not alone in this. That's something I'm thankful for.

1 comment:

Allison said...

You're funny...I never call people when I'm upset because I don't want to burden them, but I love to listen to them...and I always feel better when I unload...

Seriously...we're alike in so many ways.