Thursday, October 25, 2007

Old People

I used to think that old people were somewhat creepy.

They smelled different, looked different, and said weird things.

My perception of old people has changed in the last couple of weeks.

My mom recovering from surgery got me to share my room with my grandma while she stayed with us to help my mom feel better. She was my roommate...and I LOVED it. She had tons of stories...lots of jokes...and was just all around non-stop entertainment.

The other day I took a friend's mother-in-law to run an errand. This lady was 69. This lady was SO cool. A little off, super sweet and funny as heck.

Yes, they still smell sometimes and act strange, but there's method to their madness.
AND, they have tons of life lessons we can learn from :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a old fart too!

Bibi said...

Yeah, old people are cool!