Thursday, February 8, 2007

Jessica's Creek

Yesterday, as I watched "Dawson's Creek" re-runs, I thought about the post I wrote last week about my dream to live somewhere worth taking a walk in.

Now although Capeside is a dramatic and sometimes traumatic place to live if you really look at it...it's such a beautiful location. Streams of running water, the local eatery (which Joey's sister happens to own), the outdoor porches, the list goes on and on. It's a place to raise kids in.
What I really love about it is that it's simple enough to still hold some of natures original beauty but still modern enough to let you have a little 21st century fun.

One of the cutest things about it is that only a few years back did it still have a old school theater (if you're a real Dawson's fan you'll remember what I'm talking about). The theater where Dawson and Joey had their first date, where Jen and Dawson almost kissed, where Jen's Grams had a date too, the one they renovated. The Rialto.

Don't worry...I know this is a fictional place.

I just love the feel of a small, simple town. Although I'm a city girl I think Capeside embodies where I would want to live.

Move over Dawson...there's a new girl coming up the creek (and I don't mean Joey).

1 comment:

Bibi said...

That is hilarious! But I got to be honest, I just can't picture you in a small town like that. I'm sure you would really enjoy it for one of those "vacations" where really you just want to get away from the city for a while but to live there... I'm not sure. I mean come on, your pass time and favorite hang-out spot is Disneyland! But if that's really where you want to live then I'm all for it.