Thursday, May 10, 2007

My busy, busy life: Fuse

I promised, a while ago, that I would post a series of posts about what I did the week I had little to no posting...here's where that promise begins to be fulfilled!

Fuse: Almost two weeks ago

The focus of that night was having a heart for the city of Cudahy, being a proactive believer, sharing Christ with our friends and not giving up on the place where God has called our church to be.
It was powerful.
There were moments when I thought God, why does all of this happen? Let students be changed. Let them be different after tonight. This city needs us. We can't just act as though all is fine.

We prayed for many students...they were all on their knees. Many of them were broken and I know that they felt encouraged and challenged. I just pray that it wouldn't stay at that...that their brokenness would lead to an utter dependence upon God and that the conviction they felt that night would move them to make a difference.

Here are some goofy pics of things that happened after Fuse was over.

Joel--mastering the rubiks cube.

Gus--thinking he knew more than Joel.

Joel--did it!
Joel and Sam--winners for best hair that night!
Janette and I--loving each other.Baby Nathanael--first time we got to meet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I DO LOOK DOWN!!!!!

Bibi said...

LOL!! Yah you do!

Janette, why are you anonymous ?!?