Thursday, May 24, 2007

Simple Pleasures

The older I get the more I am learning to really enjoy the simplest of things.

When I was little I didn't understand why my mom liked to stay in bed in the evenings, rest at home all weekend, have dinner at the table every night or make breakfast with the whole family on Saturday mornings.

And as a teenager I understood it even less. My life was all about my friends, church, school, me. If it wasn't wild and crazy and exciting I thought it was boring and when I was home I felt like I was on fire...couldn't wait to get out.

Now, it's different--I'm different.

Case in Point:
Last Saturday our Hardcore meeting got cancelled so Bibi and I decided to go to Stonewood and check if some shoes she liked came in a different color.
-We went to Bakers--where I bought some shoes.
-Went into Pac Sun.
-Went to Bath and Body Works, washed our hands and tried on lovely scents and fragrances.
-Bought some nachos.
-Bought a pretzel and pretzels bites.
-Went to Kelly's Coffee and ate our nachos, pretzels and I opted for a Mocha ice blend.
-Had great conversation (as usual when I'm with Bibi).
-Then we went to Bibi's and watched the season 1 finale of Grey's Anatomy.

This was one of the most enjoyable afternoons/evenings I've spend recently.

Nothing major...but all the small stuff just made my day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to say you went home and relaxed or something....That didn't sound simple at all....

Bibi said...

But you see, for JESSICA this was a very simple night. It was a simple stroll though the mall with simple food and simple conversation. Nothing major happened, just relaxed.