Monday, January 28, 2008

Megan Hutchinson

I had a chance to meet and talk with Megan Hutchinson (and her husband Adam) this past week. She spoke at an APU chapel and then did a small forum for about 8 of us.

I had heard of Megan through PDYM and Simply Youth...LHGH too. But I had never heard her speak and share her life as a pastor, wife, mother.

There really isn't any other word to describe the experience other than amazing. She and Adam had incredible insights and so much wisdom. Not to mention the fact that they are madly in love with each other...which makes being around them so darling.

It was fun to see her excitement when she found out I was all PDYMed and that there were many people we both knew (Doug, Jana, Neely, Josh, Katie, Allison...).

All this to say...

she is fantastic!

5 comments:

Allison said...

Oh Megs is great.
I sit by here at work...and we sing songs together...it's very funny...and I'm sure annoying for the other people who sit by us.

Anonymous said...

She seems kool!

Anonymous said...

uhm..she's pretty darn amazing!! I wanna be like her when I grow up!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Megan and I think YOU are pretty darn incredible too. Thanks for your kind words.

I BELIEVE IN YOU, GIRL!
megan

Anonymous said...

I met Megan back in 2006 at a PDYM conference at Saddleback Church; she was giving a talk about Life Hurts God Heals, while in labor yes I said labor. I was amazed how clearly you could see God in her. Though she was having contractions while giving her speech she never once steered away from what God wanted her to share. After she was done my friend and I went up to say how moved we were by her talk. And though she could have excused her self to go have her baby she stayed to talk with us and listened to some of our story. She came to my hometown in Kansas City and remembered who I was a year later, which I could not believe. Megan you have blessed my life and so many others with your kind words and God loving heart. Thank you for being true to God and for being a strong voice for all us women in Ministry. Its people like you who understand that relationships are what helps youth find God.