Monday, January 21, 2008

MILK on MLK Day

All my life, I've found milk to be disgusting.

When my mom made me drink it, I'd pinch my nose-hoping to not have to taste it. I'd guzzle it down and then brush my teeth right after. I thought it tasted gross and left a terrible after-taste in my mouth.

I was always jealous of my friends who loved milk. I thought it was so cool, the way they craved milk with a piece of cake, slice of pie, donut, freshly baked cookie...and I always opted for apple, orange, grape juice.

Just about a month ago I decided to have a cup of milk with a cupcake...

I liked the taste, the smell, it quenched my thirst...

Just last night I had my first actual milk craving. On my way home from picking up my mom I decided I wanted to stop by for a donut and have it with a glass of milk at home. I did.

I can't believe that after 24 years...I now like milk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got Milk?

Allison said...

I can't believe this...

I was just thinking "once I finish reading blogs, I'm going to post about MILK since it's MLKJ Day."

Hilarious...we're the same!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!! LET'S HAVE MILK AND COOKIES TOGETHER :)

Nick said...

I use to hate green bean casserole and Brussel sprouts...my dad used to make me eat them and I would hold my nose just as you described. I now like them as well!

Anonymous said...

Wowzers.
Cookies and milk are the bestest!!!
:) :) :)