Monday, January 7, 2008

The Internet: An Amazing Thing

The Internet is an amazing thing.

You know it...I know it.

You love it...I love it.

But have you ever made a friend or gotten to know someone so much that you feel like you talk to them everyday because of the Internet? (dating services don't count)

I have!

Her name is Allison Hibbard.

The story is HERE.

And here's the update:

We now both read each other's blogs and frequently comment.
The other day she commented, on one of my posts about TV on DVD, "we could be good friends".

Allison and I have probably been in each other's presence for less than an hour (if I were to add up the times we've seen each other at Saddleback), yet it feels like we could be friends...because of blogger.com.

The other day I was talking to my friend and it reminded me of one of Allison's posts...I was about to say, "Oh yeah, Allison said the same thing" when I realized that my friend had no clue who Allison was and that I had never "heard" Allison say anything...I read it.

Allison...if you're reading this:

I think it's really cool (and kind of scary) that we know each other...just through blogs.
And if I had to judge you based on your blog alone, I'd say "Yes, we could be friends...I wouldn't mind at all!"

Yup! The Internet...an amazing thing.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I love it! I think it's so fun to be online pals!

Bibi said...

Hey, maybe if you try, you could find your future husband on the internet, just a thought, it worked out for Leslie and now it's working out for Roxy, what do you think??

Julie Hibbard said...

I am Allison's mom and I have lots of online pals through my blog who I have never met! It's great!
Allison IS a great friend, a great blogger and an amazing person!!