Monday, February 11, 2008

I Can't Breef!

I really have a thing for romantic music.

I'm a mush-ball...I know.

But there's a specific type of song that really get's to me.

The "I'm your friend but am secretly in love with you" song...or even better, the "I'm your best friend and cannot live without your love" song.

While listening to Corrine Bailey Rae last week, I stumbled upon one of these tunes...

"Breathless" (you can listen to it HERE)

Favorite line from the song:
"I've been telling you with my eyes, my heart's on fire, don't you realize?"

My heart aches for the "friend" who is in love...I wish the other friend knew the truth...and could maybe reciprocate the crush/love.

I also realize we've all faced this kind of crush at one point or another.

Every time I listen to one of these I think of my first major "friend" crush: Nick Ruiz.
He's all I could think of for the better part of 9th and 10th grade. Totally left me "breathless", and I couldn't even tell him.

What "friend" ever left you "breathless"?

2 comments:

Allison said...

Two things about this post:

1) I have a few "friends" who left me "breathless", but I think they read blogs...so I don't want to risk them coming across this!

2) I can't stand Corinne...I like the tone of her voice, but her pronunciation and her vowels bother me...it sounds like either she was born with a hearing disability and never learned to form her words correctly (which, if I found out was true, I would appreciate her music more) or like she has an accent that she's trying to hide...either way, she bugs me because she's hiding who she really is...Wow...long rant. Sorry!

Bibi said...

WOW!! I really liked the song and kept listening to other of her songs and now I want to buy her CD!