Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just Call Me J-Lo

About two weeks ago Marlene, Edgar's sister, asked me to help her with her wedding.
She get's married in 3 months!

We had our first "wedding meeting" today.

We went over guest count, food, flowers, location, timelines, videos, slideshows, lighting, sound, music...we mostly did a big overview.

I LOVE that I get to help plan a wedding.

Here's where all that "Whose Wedding is it Anyway?" and "A Wedding Story" watching comes in.

I'm also glad I watched, "My Best Friend's Wedding", "The Wedding Planner" and "Wedding Date" hundreds of times.

I kept being annoying throughout the meeting...I said things like, "You are exquisite, you are timeless..." (The Wedding Planner) and "Oh, I want to get married!".

I really do feel like a planner...

so far, I get to be the one that guides the procession into the church for the ceremony and I get to be the one that says what happens (on and off stage) when during the reception.

I'm thinking of getting an earpiece...just for kicks...even if no one is on the other end.

P.S. I also just got asked to be a bridesmaid at my friend Roxy's wedding, December 6th!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, you're on ur 3rd dress...still a long way til your 28th...but you're getting there...

Bibi said...

I'm so excited for you!!! And now by the time Roxy's wedding comes around you'll be a pro!!

Allison said...

Oh man! PLEASE get an ear piece...that's hilarious!