Friday, March 23, 2007

Can I Have a Side of Pitt with That?

Chris & Pitts.

Here's the historic BBQ restaurant located in Downey Ca.

Food is good, atmosphere is warm, service is charming, decent prices; I like it there.

There is only one thing that always gets to me whenever I go there or drive past the sign.

Why have the word "Pitts" in your restaurant name?

It isn't the most appetizing name, nor is it the most attractive. It actually makes me think that there might be some connection with underarms in their style of cooking.
Yesterday when we had lunch there I finally told Edgar, "Oh, I know why...it represents the fact that they BBQ in pitts, right?", his answer "Yeah, why not?".

Nothing will stop me from eating there...but still, why Pitts?

2 comments:

Bibi said...

Imagine if the cooks rub the food on thier pitts before giving it to you!! And that's how they got thier nickname!

Jessica Torres said...

okay...me no likey