Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Weekly Prayer #11

Here are some spiritual goals I am setting for myself:

1) To put God's Word into practice.
"In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." James 2:17

2) To fall more in love with God and His Word.
"Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'"Matthew 22:37

3) To grow in my H.A.B.I.T.S. (Hang time with God, Accountability, Bible Memorization, Involvement in the Church Body, Tithes and Offering, Studying Scripture)

I want to grow in these things; if you happen to read this I would appreciate your prayers.

What are some goals you might need prayer in?

3 comments:

Bibi said...

Okay, Jess, I got your back.

1) Give me an example where you will put the Word into practice.
2) We'll pray together for that yearning to never stop burning.
3) We'll push each other to build strong and lasting H.A.B.I.T.S

Jessica Torres said...

Okay...

1) I want to react to circumstances in my life in a way that glorifies God. One of the things I need to do is so simple yet such a struggle for me...obedience.
2) Thanks for the support.
3) Yes, let's work together!

Thanks for loving me enough to push me :)

Bibi said...

Um, I've always thought you were obedient but I guess I'll have to key my eyes "opener" now.

The more I push the more I love; got it.