Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh, She Brought It!

Lillian was amazing this Sunday at her first cheer competition!

We (my mom and I, Dad was working) headed for the LBC-Long Beach City College Gymnasium to be exact-and found out that cheer leading is some serious business! The line to get in was wrapped around the block! There had to be at least 200-300 people there! Luckily we cut in where my sister was; all the way in the front.

There was so much excitement and all the veteran cheerleaders kept yelling out chants and doing flips...it was cute. Lillian is in a small newbie squad so this was their first time performing in front of such a large crowd...actually it was their first time performing. They have a great coach who apparently has MANY titles under her belt so she pumped them up.

We kept waving at her from the bleachers but she couldn't see us...I felt like if she didn't see us it would make her more nervous like we weren't there for her. After many groups doing their cheers/dances, her squad ("The Queens of La Mirada") went up. They were awesome and Lillian definitely shook her groove thang. I have never seen her do anything like that before. We were all so proud of her; especially because she's so shy.

Afterward we went to lunch at El Torito. Here are some pictures:


She got tons of love...


From Mom

From Baby Don

From Grandma

From Jeremy



They won third place in their division and Lillian said next time she wants to get first. It was great...I am SO proud of her for what she accomplished. She did something I could have never done at the age of nine.


Go Lillian! You are the Queen!

2 comments:

Bibi said...

Oh, my, gosh!! She is the queen!! She's so shy that I can't picture her shacking her "goove thang". But I bet she looked adoarable!

Jessica Torres said...

oh, she sure did!