Friday, June 29, 2007

Change-aphobe

I've been thinking a lot about change lately.

I have grown so used to being in familiar places, with familiar faces and having little to no challenge face me, that I see myself as a change-aphobe.

I'm afraid of change.

So afraid that, last week as I prayed through the possibility of moving to Florida, I cried for two days straight...and threw up a little too (okay, I threw up a lot).

There's tons of stuff that scares me, but the idea of doing something I've never done before, by myself, in an unfamiliar place- freaks the heck out of me.

I've prayed a lot, been in God's Word, listened to Godly counsel...my conclusion:

God has a plan for my life, I'm not exactly sure what that is, what it looks like, where it will take place for this portion of my life, but what I do know is that I don't want to be afraid anymore.
I don't have to be afraid because the more I render control of my life over to God, the more secure I am in His perfect will for my life.

There is nothing like being in the center of God's will.

This might sound crazy, but I really love God so much more today than I did a week ago and I really want him to take control of every detail of my life even more than I did yesterday.

And if all this stuff was to teach me to trust Him and show me how to love and draw closer to Him...

then even the throw up was worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God knows what's best for you and He will lead you down the right path if you put all your trust in him. Whatever this change might be, it's going to be the b est for you...besides...just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed. No need to be "Change-aphobe" just need to be "God-dicted" and put all your trust in Him.

Since we're both reading Romans, here's what God spoke to me through His words....

For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen. (Romans 11:36)