Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Salute to El Capitan

I understand that this post is SO late...but bear with me.

Last Tuesday night, instead of going to small group, I went to see "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" with my family (everyone except for my dad...he had to work).

It was so much fun!

The very first thing we saw when we drove up to the El Capitan Theater was the Kodak Theater to our right hand side. I got chills just thinking of all the famous stars that have walked down the red carpet right in front of that theater!
The inside of the El Capitan is beautiful and makes you feel like you are in Old Hollywood.
A special touch was an organist playing classic Disney songs as we waited for the movie to begin.
The entire theater was decked out with "Pirates" stuff...check out this huge skull above the screen.
Lili and I waiting for the movie to start.
The beginning of the movie wasn't a movie at all, it was a live opener. So cool. The front stage appeared to look like the mast of a ship with water and sky in the background (as if WE were on a ship) and then a huge blast of pirate themed music blasted form the wind pipes of the theater and the grand finale was a huge poof of coin-shaped confetti that came down over all of us!
Awesome.
After the movie we went around the theater looking at the real props and costumes used.
Here are the kids by the bell (Jeremy is the one inside the bell).
Here I am outside the El Capitan.
I love this picture!
Look who's star I found?!
Classic Hollywood.
We also crossed the street to visit Gromman's Chinese Theater!
Here I am with John Wayne's prints! The ones Lucy stole on "I Love Lucy".

I love Hollywood.
So much fun!

1 comment:

Bibi said...

WOW!! YOU HAD FUN. We should all go!!