Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Met Brad Arm Yesterday!

Yesterday Marlen, my sister, and I spent the day (or at least part of it) at the Disneyland Resort.

Don, my brother-in-law, had offered to watch the baby and the kids after school so my sister and I could ride the "grown-up" rides...and just spend some time together, minus the little ones. (I must admit...he's a pretty cool husband!)

Once we showed up we got the "Our park will be extremely popular with our guests today...." note at the entrance of the parking structure. Of course, the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage just opened on Monday.

The first thing we did was ride a double-decker old fashioned car down Mainstreet and got dropped off at the entrance of Tomorrowland. We'd never done that before...it was fun--here we are on the car! We rode on the top deck.

All we did at Disneyland was ride Space Mountain. All the lines were so long!?!

While in line we were hit with a terrible B.O. smell. We realized it was the junior highers behind us and couldn't stop laughing.
All we did was laugh and tell stories the entire time...so much fun!

We cruised the shops and then headed for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe.
They sat us at a small, dark, cave-esque corner (since it was just two of us) where the "storms" got quite scary at times.
See...here we are:
Our server Brett AKA "Brad" was amazing! He was so spunky and fun. Every time he'd come around to check on us I'd forget to look at his name badge to see what his name was so I conveniently named him Brad, so that I could make comments about every time he left our table.
At the end of our meal I admitted to Brett that I named him Brad...he joked that he didn't mind me confusing him with Brad Pitt...I joked his last name must really be Arm (Arm-Pitt...get it?). We laughed...it was fun!

After lunch he rode California Screamin' and Tower of Terror twice! Spectacular.

It was so great to spend the day with my sister. We have SO MANY jokes that I almost forgot how alike we are....it was amazing...she is amazing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didn't get up and leave this time after you saw the menu?

Jessica Torres said...

Janette said the same thing---note to self: never go to Rainforest Cafe with more than 8 people.

Bibi said...

I'm glad you had so much fun with your sister, I bet you miss hang-outs like that with her....